Saturday, June 18, 2011

SiS Read-a-thon Update #7!

Update:
  • Books read so far: Still just 1
  • Pages read since last update: ...3 lol
  • Pages read total: 171
  • How I'm feeling: Well I'm not getting too much reading done, but I'm trying.
Mini-Challenge:
Personally, I can't think of any books I've read that were oh-so-moving or anything. But I think a good book for fifth graders would be City of Bones. I absolutely loved that book, though it didn't have any moral to it. I think it would be a good way to get old elementary students interested in reading. Since I spent most of last semester with a group of awesome fifth graders, I think it's safe to say I know that they like fantasy books. And City of Bones is perfect.

2 comments:

  1. You know what they say, any book that gets kids reading is a good book. Heck; I don't even mind Bebe Boy James reading Big Nate and Diary of a Wimpy Kid books as long as he's reading SOMEthing! And The Mortal Instruments series books are interesting and clean enough for both middle readers and teens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I'm really into fantasy too, but some of the books geared towards young adults are too graphic (like Eragon and it's sequels.) I really enjoyed City of Bones and I agree, they are clean enough for older elementary all the way through high school readers!

    ReplyDelete