Wednesday, June 11, 2014

REVIEW: Transformed by E. V. Fairfall




Title: Transformed

Author: E.V. Fairfall

Genre: Paranormal, Romance

Age Group: Young Adult

Publisher: R Mind

Release Date: February 1, 2014

Links: Goodreads + Amazon + Barnes and Noble + Smashwords



Since the beginning, two entities have had complete, unquestioned control over Thea: the Earth and God.

But when Thea suddenly figures out that the Earth has trapped her
within a forest, she discovers that the only way to set herself free is
to break God's one rule; she must forsake her animal form and become
human.

The result is nothing she could ever have expected. Lost within the
torrent of human emotions, Thea starts to lose who she is and even
begins to fall in love with the one thing she always hated: a hunter.

As her act against God proves more problematic than anticipated, it
is only a matter of time before her punishment may prove to be worse
than Earth's entrapment.




I love to write just as much
as I love to read. I try to read a book per week, which doesn't always
work out, but it's the thought that counts. Aside from all that I am a
huge animal person.

Transformed is my first novel, but it isn't
my first publication; I've had several short stories published over the
last two years. My main goal as a writer is to explore humanity and to
give people something fun to read.




Links: Goodreads + Facebook



My Review:

Thea has a rather abnormal life. She has a fully stocked apartment but no cell phone. A pet squirrel but no last name. A love of nature but no idea how many centuries she's been walking the Earth. I guess that's the price you pay for being the creator of all creatures on Earth. 

Fairfall wastes no time jumping into the action of the story. I was confused at first, as the story started further into Thea's tale than I had hoped. In fact, I had to check a few times because it seemed like I had missed the first few chapters. It took a while to put together the info you would typically find in the first few chapters of a story, but eventually I understood who and what Thea was. 

I wasn't particularly fond of some of the characters in this book. Though Fairfall did a great job with describing and developing all of her characters. one character in particular made me want to throw down my Kindle every time he opened his mouth. Brice may be one of my least favorite fictional characters of all time, though I'm fairly sure that is what the author hoped for. 

I liked the premise of Fairfall's story, and especially liked the layout of the book. The story of Thea and her brother is told through short snippets at the beginning of each chapter. I was hoping that these snippets would give us some kind of twist or turn of the story, but there was more than enough twists in the rest of the novel. 

Overall, I would give Transformed 3 stars. 

My Rating:


No comments:

Post a Comment